How can we be successful business owners and responsible stewards?
Russ Wilson will host a field day at his farm Wilson Land & Cattle Co. in Forest County, Pennsylvania to discuss regenerative farming practices, soil health, rotational grazing, and climate change. This full-day program will feature a series of experts who will speak to the relationship between pastured-based systems, profitability, and environmental stewardship.
- Russ Wilson will give a field tour highlighting methods and results of intensive rotational grazing and ways to lower costs.
- Fay Benson will be doing demonstrations with a Soil Health Truck including a rainfall simulation and more.
- Bonnie McGill will discuss soil health as a climate change solution and how grazing systems help producers adapt to weather extremes will be shared.
- Matt Havens will share ways to monitor healthy soils in your grazing system by identifying what they look like, and discuss the relationship between soils and livestock.
- Brett Chedzoy will talk about silvopasture, alley cropping, and strategies for making pastures more profitable.
Stick around for our Farm Bill Happy Hour! Enjoy some refreshments and connect with Pasa’s Farm Bill Campaign Organizer Lindsey Shapiro about how the 2023 Farm Bill can better support your sustainable grazing practices.
Photo credit: Wilson Land & Cattle Co.
This event is being hosted by Clarion Conservation District and supported in part by a grant from National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition.