Vegetable Team Member Positions PT/FT
Posted: Mon, January 23, 2023
15$-17$ New Hope/PA wanted
Phone Number: 2673340630
Reports to: Farm Manager
Start Date: Looking for one full-time position to start early March and 2-3 part time positions to start late April/early May
10am Farm is a young farm project in the heart of Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Owned by a successful hospitality group, we grow specifically and solely for two restaurants in Manhattan with plans to grow into other restaurants under the hospitality group in the future. For the past few years we have operated on a market garden scale and are growing into a larger operation for 2023. We use no-till practices combined with intensive annual vegetable production techniques to create a balance for our land and crops.
About the position:
The full time vegetable crew member will work closely with the Farm Manager in raising vegetables from seed to harvest. All farm crew members are the foundation of any farm’s annual success. They play a critical role in all aspects of food production including seeding, transplanting, harvesting, washing, and packing with the opportunity to take on larger responsibilities/receive more in-depth training through adopting additional lead roles. We grow year round and have lots of fun products we distribute to our restaurants during the winter months. This position can be designed around a crew member’s interests, though all crew members will get experience in the core aspects of the farm’s operations.
Requirements (Part time position – no experience required)
● Full time position -Has at least 1-2 years vegetable production experience or similar work
● Demonstrate record keeping ability
● Proficient at harvesting, weeding and planting
● Able to work an 8hr day in all weather conditions
● Ability to lift 50 lbs safely and with repetition
● Dependable and organized
Working with our team and Farm Manager to execute daily tasks including
● Effectively and efficiently carry out day to day operations of the farm
● Greenhouse watering and seeding, transplanting, crop maintenance
● Pest and disease management
● Implement and maintain irrigation when needed
● Harvest vegetables according to farm’s standards
● Operate farm equipment as needed
● Contribute to a safe and orderly working environment
● Support record keeping when needed
Our farm embraces varying skills, perspectives and ideas, and strongly encourages people from diverse backgrounds with relatable skills to apply.
10am Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.