Pennypack Farm seeks Part Time Seasonal Farm Mowing Position
Posted: Mon, April 19, 2021
Phone Number: 7818541409
Part-Time, Seasonal Farm Mowing Position
Commitment: 10-12 hours weekly, May/ June 2021 – October 2021
Pennypack Farm & Education Center is a 13-acre diversified vegetable farm in Horsham, PA. We are seeking a contractor to assist with field mowing and groundskeeping of the farm.
Working with the farm management, you will perform field mowing and groundskeeping on the farm. Work entails mowing using a tractor and/or grillo, and weed whacking in the fields and farm property. This is a contract and temporary position, paid as a 1099.
• Work with the farm manager to maintain farm fields by weed whacking, mowing, cutting out brush, and other similar tasks as assigned.
• Ability to operate motorized equipment such as a weed trimmer or lawn mower, tractor experience a plus.
• Ability to use nonmotorized equipment such as loppers and pruning saws.
• Ability to work independently or in groups.
• Experience doing manual labor.
• Tractor experience and basic tool knowledge a plus, but not required. Landscaping experience preferred.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to listen and follow verbal instructions.
• Applicants must be age 18 or older.
• Valid drivers license required and ability to drive manual (preferred).
• Familiarity with vegetable plants a plus
Compensation: This position pays $12-15 per hour depending on experience, for approximately 8-12 hours per week from May or June 2021 to October 2021. Weekly schedule will be determined through communication about the weather and availability between the Farm Manager the Farm Mower. Request that most of the hours occur during weekdays between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
VI. Work Conditions & Physical Requirements: This position involves outdoor work in varying weather conditions (hot, rain, etc.); it is physically demanding, requiring the ability to stand, sit on a tractor, and/or lift heavy (40lbs.) items on regular basis.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume and email introduction / cover letter.