Pack House Operations Specialist
Easton, PA job Linda Carlson-Lockwood
St. Luke’s Rodale Institute Organic Farm in Easton, PA is seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to apply for the Pack House Operations Specialist at the St. Luke’s Rodale Institute Organic Farm. The farm is a partnership between the Rodale Institute and St. Luke’s Hospital to create an innovative farm-to-institute model. The individual will work with the St. Luke’s Farmers to process and deliver safe, healthy, organic produce to the hospitals in the St. Luke’s Health Network. Not only will the Pack house Operations Specialist help wash and pack the farm’s wholesale operation, but also handle produce for the farm’s CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program. The position will also entail completing office tasks related to the farm’s wholesale operation and record keeping.
Responsibilities Could Include:
• Oversee farm pack house operation
• Help maintain the farm’s standards for productivity and efficiency
• Ensure that work crews follow farm protocols
• Aid Farmers with general farm tasks as needed
• Aid with Distribution (organize and pack orders)
• Help Maintain Organic and GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) records
• Assisting with farm tours and education
• Aid Farm Manager with weekly invoices
• Maintain a clean and safe Pack House
• It’s preferred that applicants have an interest in pursuing a career in organic agriculture
• Incredibly organized, attentive to detail, with the ability to work independently, multi-task and be a team player
• Must be comfortable proving direction to interns in a constructive and positive way
• Able to lift 40 pounds
• Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
Individuals must be committed to the farm’s success, and in turn, the farm will be committed to the individual’s success.
Schedule: 40 hours/week Monday thru Friday starting 5/6/19 and ending 10/28/19.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Elaine Macbeth at Elaine.Macbeth@RodaleInstitute.org.
Deadline: March 1, 2019. If you miss the deadline, please contact Lynn Trizna, Project Manager at Lynn.Trizna@RodaleInstitute.org