Obercreek Farm: Farm Stand Associate Position Available
Wappingers Falls job
Phone Number: 8452980888
Obercreek Farm is excited to announce an opening for a Full/Part Time Farm stand Associate. You will have the opportunity to learn the inner workings of our diverse agriculture business while contributing your fullest in our friendly and fast paced work environment. We have worked hard over the past six seasons to develop the systems and infrastructure needed to run a highly efficient and productive operation. We are seeking crew members who have some experience with farming or physical labor, a good work ethic, a sense of humor and a strong commitment to providing local food. We are seeking folks who would like to help us grow and improve the farm into the future. We focus on providing high quality produce to our community while providing our farmers a fair and sustainable wage.
Obercreek Farm is a USDA Certified Organic Farm striving to produce high quality, seasonal vegetables, flowers, herbs, hops and shortly mushrooms. We maximize our growing space through efficient and thoughtful growing techniques that require less land to achieve higher farm productivity and financial sustainability without compromising the health of our agricultural ecosystems and our farmers.
Farm stand Associate Job Description:
As a Full/Part Time Farm Stand Associate you will be responsible for many aspects of our farm stand which is used for our Community Supported Agriculture Program and our public store. Daily hours for the majority of the season are up to 8 hours each day between Wed-Sunday. Work will begins in April and last through November with the potential for winter work, depending on overall performance. Your 8 hour days will include but are not limited dozens of other tasks.
Below are examples of some of the activities which are included in the job:
1. Receive, stock and inventory produce, and third party products on a timely and consistent basis.
2. Maintain a clean and properly organized storage areas for incoming deliveries.
3. Unload produce and third party products, verifying piece count, damaged goods or discrepancies of received orders. Sign for deliveries with appropriate adjustments noted on invoices.
4. Provide all invoices to farm management.
5. Expedite stocking of incoming overstock items, rotating overstock items with incoming overstock.
6. Maintain approximate floor plan, using location signage as need.
7. Attend meetings with buyers and stockers as need by manager.
8. Inform appropriate manager of low stock, or out of stock items for re-order.
9. Maintain clean, attractive, fully stocked, rotated and faced inventory in/on displays and merchandisers.
10. Using appropriate spacing of products to ensure maximum inventory display.
11. Display and maintain clear and accurate pricing on all products.
12. Maintain a debris and dirt free floor.
13. Fully stock and clean bathroom before and after every shift to ensure cleanliness.
14. Ensure all Open Signs, Flags etc. are in use during store hours.
15. Perform all other tasks assigned by manager
1. Greet customers as they enter or exit the establishment.
2. Maintain pleasant interactions with all customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
3. Answer customers’ questions and provide information on procedures or policies.
4. Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones.
5. Resolve customer complaints when appropriate or inform management to address immediately.
6. Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debit-gift cards through Square.
7. Weigh produce to calculate the price by weight, of various items.
8. Record all weights and totals accurately. Do not round. Every cent must be accounted for.
9. Do not provide free or discounted merchandise to customers, employees, etc. without proper consent from management.
10. Bag items carefully and respectfully, keeping in mind the customers’ needs.
11. Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
12. Maintain clean, speedy and orderly checkout areas.
13. Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
14. Compute and record totals of transactions.
15. Count money in cash drawer(s) at the beginning and end of shifts in a timely manner to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Sign count sheets, and inform manager immediately of any discrepancies.
Candidates must have the ability to do manual work, lift 50 pounds, and stand for an 8-hour shift. Applicants must be available to work weekends. Please visit Obercreek Farm’s website to learn more about our farm. This is a full/part time position. Position is available starting April 2019
Strong work ethic and endurance for hard physical labor. Candidate must be willing to work above and beyond the job requirements when necessary.
• Sense of humor, positive attitude and enthusiasm
• Ability to balance speed and efficiency while maintaining Obercreek’s standard of quality
• Capable of lifting 40-50 lbs. repeatedly and easily.
• Must work well in a team environment and be able to communicate honestly and accept feedback
• Must have a Valid US Driver’s License.
Hourly pay is based on experience and may increase based on performance and length of stay.
Benefits of working with Obercreek Farm
• Lots of delicious organic vegetables available for your consumption- you will receive a free full Vegetable CSA share and discounts at our farm stand.
• Being part of a dedicated community of people working to improve our local food system
• Potential to move up into a managerial role in subsequent years at the farm
How to Apply:
To apply for work at Obercreek Farm, please send a resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also please note your expectations for an hourly wage and if housing is required. After we receive your documents, we will contact and interview qualified candidates. We require an on-farm meeting/interview. Specific start dates will be discussed at that time. Please call or email us if you have any questions. Thank you for your interest in promoting organic agriculture and in our farm.