Obercreek Farm: Farm Stand Associate: Part-Time Weekend Shifts
$$13.00/hr. Wappingers Falls, NY job
Phone Number: 845-632-3888
Obercreek Farm is an organic farm located in Wappingers Falls, Dutchess County, NY.
Obercreek Farm is excited to announce an opening for a Part Time Farm stand Associates to work weekends (8am-6pm). You will have the opportunity to learn the inner workings of our diverse agriculture business while contributing your fullest in our friendly and fast paced work environment. We have worked hard over the past six seasons to develop the systems and infrastructure needed to run a highly efficient and productive operation. We are seeking crew members who have some experience with farming or physical labor, a good work ethic, a sense of humor and a strong commitment to providing local food. We are seeking folks who would like to help us grow and improve the farm into the future. We focus on providing high quality produce to our community while providing our farmers a fair and sustainable wage.
Obercreek Farm is a USDA Certified Organic Farm striving to produce high quality, seasonal vegetables, flowers, herbs, hops and shortly mushrooms. We maximize our growing space through efficient and thoughtful growing techniques that require less land to achieve higher farm productivity and financial sustainability without compromising the health of our agricultural ecosystems and our farmers.
Farm stand Associate Job Description:
As a Farm Stand Associate you will be responsible for many aspects of our farm stand which is used for our Community Supported Agriculture Program and our public store. Daily hours for the majority of the season are up to 10 hours each day between Wed-Sunday. Work will begins in April and last through November with the potential for winter work, depending on overall performance. Your 8-10 hour days will include but are not limited dozens of other tasks.
• Strong work ethic and endurance for hard physical labor. Candidate must be willing to work above and beyond the job requirements when necessary.
• Sense of humor, positive attitude and enthusiasm
• Ability to balance speed and efficiency while maintaining Obercreek’s standard of quality
• Capable of lifting 40-50 lbs. repeatedly and easily.
• Must work well in a team environment and be able to communicate honestly and accept feedback
• Must have a Valid US Driver’s License.
Compensation: $13.00/hour, plus produce, flowers, herbs and a discount in our onsite farm store.
Benefits of working with Obercreek Farm
• Lots of delicious organic vegetables available for your consumption- you will receive a free full Vegetable CSA share and discounts at our farm stand.
• Being part of a dedicated community of people working to improve our local food system
• Potential to move up into a managerial role in subsequent years at the farm
How to Apply:
To apply for work at Obercreek Farm, please send a resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. After we receive your documents, we will contact and interview qualified candidates. We require an on-farm meeting/interview. Specific start dates will be discussed at that time. Please call or email us if you have any questions. Thank you for your interest in promoting organic agriculture and in our farm.