Job Posting – Operations Coordinator – OEFFA
Phone Number: 6147251439
The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and broadly experienced individual to serve as full-time Operations Coordinator who will be responsible for a variety of administrative functions including office and property management, IT, benefits administration, and additionally provide support to the Executive Director. The Operations Coordinator will play a key role in maintaining a productive and efficient work environment for OEFFA staff and others. The successful applicant will join a dedicated team of experienced and passionate professionals who are committed to advancing organic and sustainable agriculture, family farmers, and rural communities.
OEFFA takes pride in a staff that exhibits these core values: excellent work ethic; exceptional organizational skills; capacity for multitasking; effective verbal and written communication; the maturity to responsibly handle sensitive information and situations; strong interpersonal skills; solid critical thinking and problem-solving abilities; a genuine desire to collaborate; and a strong environmental ethic and commitment to sustainability. These are qualities we seek in all OEFFA staff and so the successful applicant can to expect to be surrounded by colleagues who are also strong in these areas.
Duties of the Position
Collaborating with program area supervisors and business office staff, example responsibilities of the Operations Coordinator are:
Maintain OEFFA’s office and property (approximately 50% of time).
• Building management
Act as primary facilities manager, ensuring the space remains safe, clean, and workable
Be primary contact for OEFFA and building tenants regarding leases, rent, and maintenance needs
Communicate with facilities management service, prioritize needs for the service technician, and coordinate with other skilled trades service providers
Stock and order adequate building and office supplies as well as furniture for programs and general office operations
Maintain and update office technology as needed, including phone systems, copiers, computer hardware and software
Ensure that lease vehicles are properly maintained
Oversee annual inter-company transactions for use of vehicles
Coordinate business operations (approximately 15% of time).
Ensure that all state and federal business reports are filed in a timely manner
Manage registrations for OEFFA’s annual conference
Serve as human resources administrator (approximately 25% of time).
Advertise job openings through select recruitment avenues
Prepare paperwork required for new hires and establish personnel file for the on-boarding process; assist in new employee orientation
Assist exiting employee through off-boarding process
Maintain up to date personnel files including benefits selection records and other employee information (i.e. phone directory, contact information, status changes, etc.)
Maintain updated job requirements and job descriptions for all positions, ensuring compliance with legal requirements
Conduct benefit orientations and assist employees with benefits questions as needed
Ensure workspace, email, computer, phone, and other equipment are ready for the new employee’s start day
Coordinate employee travel arrangements as needed
Respond to requests for information and submit paperwork, as needed, to external agencies such as Bureau of Workers Compensation, Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services, verification of employment, etc.
Maintain employee handbook, contribute to policy development and revision, and ensure compliance of policies with applicable employment laws
Be the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries
• Provide executive support (approximately 10% of time). As requested, assist the Executive Director with:
Research and follow up on incoming issues and concerns
In short, this position is responsible for our office: its appearance, upkeep, supplies, and operations, making sure that the people on our team have what they need to get their work done.
In addition to the core qualities we seek in all team members (listed above), specific to this position, we look forward to working with an Office Ninja who has:
• Ease in managing multiple projects simultaneously, working independently and under a deadline, prioritizing responsibilities, taking initiative, and protecting confidential information
• A strong customer-service orientation
• Careful and sensitive professional judgment
• Comfort and interest in using technology, and substantial experience using Microsoft Office suite’s advanced features (such as mail merge, working with forms and fields, etc.)
• Previously managed office phone systems, computer networks, and/or provided desktop support in their workplace
• Experience as a HR administrator or in other relevant HR experience
• Been responsible for a property, as manager or owner (residential or commercial)
We consider it a plus if you have:
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 2-5 years office management or other relevant experience
• Prior experience working in a non-profit, school, or socially responsible organization
Physical & Cognitive Requirements
• Must be able to effectively operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, fax/printer, and telephone, as well as, be proficient in Microsoft Office (eg. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote)
• Must be fluent in English
• Must be able to work cooperatively with others
• Must be able to arrange transportation for offsite duties during the workday, on occasion
• Must be able to occasionally work evening and weekend hours including overnight travel
• Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time maintaining concentration with frequent interruptions
• Must be able to ascend/descend stairs multiple times a day
• Must comply with all company policies and procedures and maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must be able to occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions
• Must be able to meet project and report deadlines
The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation for this full-time position is commensurate with experience and includes health insurance, paid time off, holidays, and sick leave. The position is based in Columbus, Ohio. Telecommuting is not an option.
Deadline for Applications: Review of applications begins on August 26, 2019. Interested candidates are advised to apply by this date to receive full consideration, although the position will stay open until filled. (If this posting is removed from the OEFFA website, we are no longer accepting applications.)
Your application should be addressed to Carol Goland, Executive Director, and consist of three items: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references with phone number and email (indicate their relationship to you). In your cover letter please tell us how your experience and background make you the perfect Operations Coordinator for OEFFA. Please combine these as a single PDF file and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Operations Coordinator. Electronic submissions only; incomplete applications will not be considered.