Equipment Operator/Wash+Pack Manager at Row by Row Farm
$Based on Experience Hurley, NY job Mira Miller
Row by Row Farm Equipment Operator/Wash+Pack Manager
The Equipment Operator and Packing Manager is focused on, field preparation including discing, tine harrowing and subsoiling, planting with a carousel planter and water wheel planter, cultivation using a tine weeder, Kult Kress finger weeder, basket weeder, other cultivation tools, applying soil amendments with a front mounted implement, mowing, field packing operations (operating a conveyor harvest rig) and packing house management. This position will work very closely with the farm owners and other management staff.
The ideal candidate:
– has strong communication skills;
– is self-motivated and organized
– pays attention to detail and is able to multi-task;
– has worked for at least 2 full seasons on vegetable farms and is experienced with operating tractors;
– has a positive attitude and can roll with the ever changing nature of a farm environment;
– is able to keep records for organic certificate and GAPS certificate purposes;
– is interested in a multi-year or long term employment.
This is a 6 day/week seasonal position from April-December the hours range from 50-60 hours/week with a 30-40 hour range at the beginning and end of the season. There is the possibility for some part-time winter work. Compensation is based on experience
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your background and interest in the this position along with a current resume to email@example.com.