Education Program Director – Job Opportunity
Posted: Thu, May 12, 2022
Columbus, OH job
Phone Number: 614-421-2022
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Director will have strategic and operational responsibility for OEFFA’s educational and membership programs and will collaborate with and manage the staff responsible for these efforts.
This full-time position has an annual compensation range of $59,000-68,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Benefits include insurance (medical, dental, vision), generous paid time off, and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan.
• Help develop and direct key programmatic efforts, including OEFFA’s educational programs related to beginning farmers, sustainable and organic agriculture, and social justice in farming as well as the membership program
• Have ultimate responsibility in ensuring that Program activities are carried out with a high degree of excellence and that grant obligations are met
• Provide leadership, supervision, and coaching to Education Program staff
• Ensure personnel are sufficiently and appropriately qualified, trained, and afforded opportunities for continuing education and development
• Assist in the creation and monitoring of OEFFA Education Program’s budget
• Collaborate with OEFFA’s Communications Director regarding outreach, including annual printings and mailings; website materials; OEFFA’s annual report; membership materials; and event promotion
• Participate in hiring decisions; coordinate and conduct staff evaluations; approve timesheets, time off requests, and reimbursement requests
• Review and approve purchases of goods and services and all grant-related expenses
• Create agendas and facilitate staff meetings
• Assist OEFFA members and constituents as needed; act as the point person for major issues and problems
• Assist with special events, tasks, and projects as needed and respond to special requests from other organizations and individuals
• Provide excellent customer service and assistance to our members and constituents by ensuring information and assistance needs are met, and all work is handled in a professional manner
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field preferred
• Strong organizational and analytic skills, and experience working with project workplans, timelines, and budgets
• Passion for and deep knowledge of sustainable and organic agriculture, family farms, and local food systems
• A successful history in developing and implementing complex educational programs and projects
• Experience writing and reporting on grants
• Experience managing personnel and building and leading high-performing teams
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time
• Commitment to performing work with a high degree of accountability and consistent excellence with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to establish and cultivate strong relationships with co-workers, clients, and external stakeholders
• A commitment to building a workplace that brings a diverse set of experiences and is welcoming and inclusive to all backgrounds and identities
Initial review of applications will begin on May 23rd and will continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled. If the posting is still on the OEFFA website, we are continuing to accept applications. Interested candidates are advised to apply by May 23rd to receive full consideration.
Your application should be addressed to Carol Goland, Executive Director, and consists of three items: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (indicate relationship to you). In your cover letter please address how your experience and background meet the requirements of the position. Please combine these as a single PDF file and submit via email to email@example.com and for the subject line use “Program Director”
We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and organizational need. In the same way that biological diversity is foundational to the healthy agricultural systems we support, we recognize that diversity of people makes OEFFA healthier and more sustainable, and thus is a core value of our organization. As part of the application, we invite candidates to describe how their life experiences enrich the diversity of our organization.